$5,000 of Free Marketing? It’s NOT too Good to be True!
The Queensland Government’s Small Business Entrepreneur Grants Program will be back later this year, and it’s a very generous offer.
Small business owners can receive a grant of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) in matched funding for any program in the applicable categories that will help develop the business. If you’re not in business yet, that’s fine – the grant also applies to new ventures.
The best part is, the amount can be revised upwards to include any GST you pay on your marketing investment!
Where do we come in? Well, there are four major categories for which you can apply. One of these is for market research and market strategy development, which can help your business reach new customers and continue to grow.
If you’re looking to overhaul your existing branding strategy, or implement a new one, we can help, and the government will front half the money. The growing acceptance of the importance of digital marketing is reflected in the grant, with concessions made for social media and other digital marketing strategies.
So if you’ve been waiting for the right moment to burst onto the social scene with some serious bang for your buck – now’s the time to start planning for when they open the next round of grants mid-year!
How Does it Work?
There are a few very basic criteria you need to meet to be eligible for the grant. Your business must:
- Have a business name registered within the last 4 years.
- Have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant.
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST.
- Be based in Queensland.
- Declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
So as you can see, this grant is literally perfect for any Queensland small business that is seeking to expand their digital presence in a massive way in one fell swoop.
Applications go through a basic assessment, and then the government will check back in on you in twelve months to see how things are going. The initial grant assessment covers things such as:
- The extent to which the service will support establishment and development of the business.
- The extent to which the service will enhance the owner’s skills and abilities.
- Potential business improvements.
- Value for money.
What Can You Do?
There is a whole world of options available to you with this grant. Working with WK Digital, we can help you:
- Rapidly expand your social media presence.
- Devise an impressive content strategy to attract and convert new clients.
- Develop white papers and perform market research that will establish your business as an industry leader.
- Build an AdWords campaign that will get your business in the top slot on Google for every major keyword that attracts sales.
- Upgrade your website and improve your sales funnel to increase conversions.
- Try out something new – want a chat bot on your website? How about unique landing pages for every single market segment you service? Or better yet, set up tracking across your social media and search engine marketing efforts?
The possibilities are endless. The beauty of this grant is that the government literally requires you to invest it in areas that will have a long term payoff for your business. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Start to plan now!
Applications for round 2 of the grant will open in mid-2017. There’s never been a cheaper way to take advantage of professional services and get some serious growth gains in a short time.
More details on the grants program can be found at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/entrepreneur-grants
The time to invest in your digital presence is now. Here at WK Digital, we’re lucky enough to have some of the best digital marketing consultants in the business. We can set you on the right path to success today, with no more wasted time.
Want to learn more about your options? Get in touch with us now. Call us on 1300 796 711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your ideas – you’d be surprised at just how much marketing progress you can make with a small investment.