Contrary to some commentators we are finding companies quite excited about 2015. They are busting out of the gates and they have a better understanding of online world then even a year ago.
We rebuilt our own website last year and we know first hand the digital world can change a lot in a short time. When looking at your online presence in 2015 consider the following 5 things:
1. Your sales leads have probably seen you first – While you have your own sales process to bring in new leads there are just as many people out there that have probably come across you in their research. So think about what information you would consistently want to share with people if they were calling you directly. There is never a bad time to evaluate your 15 second speech on what it is you do.
2. Use the data – hopefully you already know what your website, blog and social media visitors are like. But if you don’t you should check what information is being tracked online for your business and then figure out how to make it work better for you.
3. Get mobile – we beat this drum a lot last year and we will keep up the same tune. There are 5 billion mobile phones in use and if people have to squint or constantly pinch and zoom to get to what they need on your website then they probably chose a competitor instead
4. Make your website useful – consider selling products on your website, not just advertising them. Or if you don’t want to sell but want to spend less time on the phone explaining your products then build a site that is well-organised to do that talking for you. Remember – they have probably already researched you before they call anyway and this is an awesome way to stand out.
5. Plan to add good content – we are big fans of the blog and social media but the most important fan of fresh content is Google. And for those with marketing budgets big and small adding fresh content to your website on a regular basis not only attracts visitors, it might just lead to the next product or service innovation you have been looking for.
Keep it fresh, keep it current and keep the human touch and check out our new site when you get a chance – and don’t forget to download our Free Guide to Website Design.
Happy New Year!